The Church has had to face a lot of threats throughout Christian history … so what is one of the greatest threats to the Church in this generation? Is it some outside force or something more insidious?
Listen to Eric answer the question: What is one of the greatest threats to the Church in America?
» Want to take this topic even deeper? Check out Eric Ludy's sermon: The Proving of the 300
NOTES FROM THE VIDEO
- Proverbs 16:25 - There is a way that seems right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
- Proverbs 16:25 (expanded and amplified) - There is a way that seems right unto a (man’s body), but the end thereof are the ways of death.
The Natural Cravings of the Body: The Six Appetites
- The Appetite for Food and Drink
- The Appetite for the Possession of Things
- The Appetite for Sleep
- The Appetite for Sensual Pleasure
- The Appetite for Expression
- The Appetite for Information
Dealing with the Appetites – Four Gradients of Inner-Control
- The Open Door Policy - What the appetite wants, the appetite gets
- The Curbed Appetite - Strong against some things, but an open door to others
- The Intentional Defense - Purposeful to repel, strong at times, yet not totally consistent in all arenas
- The Armed Heavenly Vault - Empowered to repel, empowered to restrain, empowered to say “no”, empowered to keep a sound mind at all times, and empowered to stay consistent