While it may seem like an obvious question, Christians must remember that not only is God more powerful, but the enemy has nothing (no authority, position, power, or control) over God. He has been defeated, and as Christians whose position is IN Christ, we too can walk in freedom and victory over the wiles and schemes of the enemy. In this video, Eric not only gives a succinct answer to the question but also gives several arguments from the Bible that refutes the claims and lies of the enemy.
Listen to Eric answer the question: Is the Devil an Equal Power to God?
» Want to take this topic even deeper? Check out Eric Ludy's sermon: The Strategy of God
SCRIPTURES MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO
When the Devil boasts that he has me beaten and that his strength is superior … I will remember that It is written . . .
- (Ephesians 1:22). All things are underneath the feet of my Redeemer
- (John 19:30) The Messiah has come, and has crushed the head of the serpent and has declared, “It is finished!”
- (Romans 8:31) And If God is for me, who can stand against me?
- (1 John 4:4) For greater is He who is in me than he who is in this world
- (2 Corinthians 10:3-4) My spiritual weaponry is mighty to the pulling down of enemy strongholds
- (James 4:7) If I submit to God, resist the Devil, the Devil WILL flee
- (Ephesians 6:16)The shield of faith repels all the fiery darts of the evil one
- (Psalm 46:1) He is my refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble
- (Psalm 5:12) For my God surrounds me with favor as with a shield
- (Psalm 91:7) and though a thousand may fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand, it will not come near me.
- (Isaiah 54:17) No weapon formed against me shall prosper .
- (Luke 10:19) I have been given power over ALL the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt me .
- (Genesis 50:20) My enemies may intend to harm me, but God means all things for good, that He may deliver many
When the Devil conspires to sabotage my onward march, then I will wield the Word of God against him. I will declare to him what is written and I will also DO what is written for me to do.
I will remember (2 Timothy 2:8). I will give thanks (1 Thessalonians 5:18). I will sing (Psalm 96:2). I will praise (Psalm 113:1). I will worship (Psalm 96:9). I will obey (Hebrews 5:9). I will war (2 Corinthians 10:3). I will stand firm (1 Corinthians 16:13). I will quit myself like a man (1 Corinthians 16:13). I will bind that which is hindering (Matthew 16:19; 18:18). I will loose that which is hindered (Matthew 16:19; 18:18). I will pull down (2 Corinthians 10:4). I will take captive (2 Corinthians 10:5). I will put on (Ephesians 6:11; Colossians 3:10-12). I will wrestle with the spiritual powers (Ephesians 6:12). I will stand (Ephesians 6:13-14). I will pray (Ephesians 6:18). And I will certainly overcome (1 John 4:4).